Nothing comes from nothing, and nothing ever could ….. – Sound of Music
There is a saying that If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. In other words, preparation is key in everything.
I am by no means the best at getting ready for a photoshoot and I have forgotten or neglected some aspects of the preparation process in the meantime. But that does not in anyway mean that I have not learnt some valuable lessons along the way.
I would love to share some of these lessons with you (and also read some of the lessons you have also learnt along the way).
A lot of times, proper care is not taken to ensure that all the elements needed to make a photoshoot successful are properly put in place. This is especially true when it comes to a fashion shoot. I have thus taken the liberty of listing out some essentials which I believe are needed for a successful shoot – pre, during and post
- Know the theme of the shoot
- Agree what is expected of everyone
- Agree the timeline (this may be a tough one but it is possible)
- Everyone should know what they need to have with them at the shoot
- Verbalise your expectations
- Execute your own part
- Compliment each other
- If you have forgotten anything, don’t panic, look for an alternative or ask for assistance. Always let members of the team know if there is any hiccup.
- Have fun
- Be sensitive
- Be attentive. Something may need to be tweaked to ensure the perfection of your work. You will miss this if you are not paying attention.
- Be always ready to make a last minute change.
- Congratulate one another on a successful shoot
- Select preferred shots
- Upload to virtual portfolios/print out